So, back in March I posted about an experience I had, where God warned me He was going to push me out of my job.
I promised an update, and never delivered, because right after that post, shit went insane!
- My job continued to be an exercise in navigating the nine circles of hell. In April, I wrote my resignation letter, dated it June 11th, and emailed it to myself for future reference. More on that later.
- I (barely) survived University Ballet of Chicago's production of Coppelia. (If you scroll down far enough you will see me in one of the pictures. I was THE fattest, stubbiest human being in the entire production and had more fun than ever.)
- I had to leave my residence. That was unexpected. For various reasons that I won't get into, there was absolutely no way I could continue to live there. Luckily, through what can only be described as supernatural means, I received assistance in locating the perfect apartment in Hyde Park, which cut my work commute in thirds and my ballet commute even more, and has mirrors on the closet doors and a kitchen counter that doubles as a barre.
- I made a wedding dress for my friend Lauren. It was the coolest thing I have ever made.
- On June 11th, the day I was set to quit my job, an interesting internal job posting popped up and I decided "Why the hell not?" So instead of handing my boss a resignation letter, I handed her an application (same thing as far as she was concerned, as the position was in another department). I interviewed a few weeks later, was offered the position in mid-July, and started in mid-August. My experience at work has made a 180 degree turnaround since then, and I am going to stick around for a while.
- Something happened in my relationship, but that is a story for another day.
- And, I got into the next ballet, which of course you are going to come see next year, right?
What's the point of all this rambling?
The point is, that in an instant your life can change. In an instant, everything can turn around. It can all happen fast, and it can all happen at once. (These last 7 months to me felt like 7 days!)
What you're going through right now, that seems like hell, can literally disappear from your consciousness almost by magic.
Because the God who made this world gives a fuck. And is just waiting for you to ask.
Next up: a series of posts about ballet.
Peace and Love,